We’re planning to use the raspberry pi to manage your crypto sites. The idea is simple, try not to visit websites using your main laptop. You should have a dedicated machine. This machine, we’re using a raspberry pi 3 b+, is small lightweight and can be powered by a micro usb cable. These are available everywhere and can reuse the sdcard in a different pi.
The concept is simple, everything is interchangeable and should not rely on anything other than the storage of the data. The data is encrypted as well as the drive.
Using this method, I consider it a safer way to browse crypto. You have some flexibility with security, but you will need to enable them manually. Security is always in layers and its up to you to see how many layers you want to go. Ultimately the last thing is the data, it is up to you how much you feel the threat is. Let’s get going…
What you need
- raspberry pi 3 b+
- SD card loaded with the stretch-lite image.
What we will do
turn on the firewall on all services
Install vnc software ( Optional )
Install keepasXC ( Password Manager )
When updating the lite, we’re now at the next step.
Plug in the pi and follow the following, a more in depth look can be seen in the link
The short steps are:
- sudo raspi-config
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get upgrade
- sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- sudo apt-get clean
Change the locale
- sudo raspi-config
- deselect en.GB-UTF.utf8
- select en.US-UTF.utf
Install UI dependencies and Desktop and packages
- sudo apt-get install –no-install-recommends xserver-xorg
- sudo apt-get install –no-install-recommends xinit
- sudo apt-get install raspberrypi-ui-mods
- sudo apt-get install chromium-browser
- sudo apt-get install python3-pip
- sudo apt-get install lxde-core lxappearance
- sudo apt-get install -y rpi-chromium-mods
- sudo apt-get install -y python-sense-emu python3-sense-emu
- mkdir -p /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/
sudo apt-get install -y rpi-chromium-mods sudo apt-get install -y python-sense-emu python3-sense-emu
Using tips from to get the best performance with the gui. You can choose which one you want.
apt-get install software-properties-common